7/13/10

Whatta Day!



You can imagine my joy when I received not one, but TWO yummy awards today after the day I've had!!! {see bloody mess below}

Precious Honey said the nicest things here....and Precious Amy did over here. Thanks, girls, I truly don't deserve all this...but I'LL TAKE IT!! Thanks for making my rough day sunshinier!











And this....oh, well it's one of the occupational hazards of doing the dishes. Apparently I don't know my own strength because I busted a vase whilst cleaning it...going down and around over a razor sharp edge...and it dug into my flesh going ALL THE WAY TO THE BONE! {gasp} It was one of those slow-motion things and I knew when I saw how deep it was...and then seeing bone...that I'd definitely be taking a break to go get stitched up. Awesome. The adorable Kristine took my kiddies and I drove myself to the Dr. {love her!}

All better now - and I don't have to do dishes for a while! YESS! {but between you and me, I could have done it in a less-painful-less-bloody sort of way.}











I was well enough to capture one shot of my baby girl...FIVE MONTHS OLD NOW. Can you believe it?! I'm in denial - but she's pretty scrumptious nevertheless her old age.

9 comments:

chris said...

Holy cow, Abbie. I've had to do the stitches on my finger thing...not fun. Your baby is scrumptious. Her blue eyes are stunning.

The Preppy Strawberry said...

first congrats on both of your awards! I'm so glad I brightened your day especially now that I see what else happened! Now - those stitches ~ OUCH! Hope you are feeling better! ;)

Anonymous said...

Ouch! I'm impressed that you drove yourself to the doctor! That made me queasy just looking at it! And as for that beautiful little girl of yours...wowzers! She's just precious!

Melissa at Perry Jayne said...

Ouch! That looks painful. Your little girl is so beautiful. I can not believe she's 5 months old now.

Scented Sweetpeas said...

eeekk that looks so painful! 5 months! It only seems like a month ago you blogged about having that gorgeous little girl.

Angela said...

Well that is a great way to leave a hint for your hubby to do the dishes! JK So glad you can still type. I love visiting your blog!
I hope everything heals quickly!! Does this mean no diapers too??

Michelle said...

Yikes! At least you had a pretty manicure:)

Jen T said...

Ouch! Bless you!

Arya said...

I did the same thing while washing a tall glass and the next day after the stitches I took them out because apparently I was allergic to the thread they used - so now I have a nice little scar marring my right index finger with stitch marks even...