11/12/09

Blanket / Pillow Snugglie

This is the post I put together for Stephanie over at Somewhat Simple yesterday for our Blog Swap. That was pretty fun!

This project is a *yummy* fleece blanket/pillow that seriously takes 30 minutes start-to-finish. {I'm not kidding} You could give these as gifts, or make a few for the house to warm you up during the Holiday season!

You can use this cozy blanket as a pillow, or you can unfold it and wrap up in it, and tuck your cold toes into the pocket while you curl up with a good book. This one here is nice and long - just perfect for a grown-up, but my kids love theirs that I made them - I just made them shorter for kid-sized legs!

So let's get started...
(just click on each picture below) Again, you might need to minimize your screen a little in order to keep the pictures in a straight line - they'll probably be easier to follow that way.







































































































































I forgot to take a "big picture" of the pillow pocket stitched onto the blanket {oopsie} and some people have been confused by this. So pin the pillow pocket in the center of the blanket, lining up the bottom, just like in the picture...

Then SEW the pillow pocket onto the blanket, starting at the right-hand corner, leaving ONE INCH AROUND THE SIDES for fringe, ending in the left-hand corner. And that's it.

Following the last step there, trim all of the fringe on the pillow pocket, and then all around the blanket.
















To fold into a pillow, lay the blanket flat, pocket-side-down, fold the length in thirds, then fold down in thirds, wrapping the pocket around.
















10 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

This is great and seems simple enough. I do wish I could sew. I am determined to one day start with something very small! Best wishes, Tammy

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

That was so adorable! Looks like something I could even do!

Anne said...

This would be great for Christmas presents!

I posted a link to your tutorial on Craft Gossip Sewing:
http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-blanket-that-folds-into-a-pillow/2009/11/15/

--Anne

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

This is such a fun idea, I love it! Thanks so much for the how-to, I'll be linking.

Jocelyn said...

This is such a fun idea!

Anonymous said...

I made this blanket/snuggie for my Mom years ago, and she uses it! I love these pillow/blankets!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I loved these growing up - my kiddos would love them!

Apron Thrift Girl said...

I'm dying over that fabulous owl fleece print. I don't normally have a lot of fleece in the house but I must get some of that fabric.

April said...

all of this so cute. I saw the same owl fleece and fell in love with it. I had to buy it and I made my daughter a blanket and it was my lucky day because it was 50% off and Joanns lol

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

Thanks so much for the tutorial, Abby! I made one today for my husband for Christmas. Every year he wants a new blanket, but I didn't want to do anything extravagant. Thanks for the genius idea!