4/15/09

LOVE this!


Can I just say that I LOVE cute little treats?! Thankfully this one isn't edible (heaven knows I don't need anything edible) but it's one of those simple treats that make you smile and feel giddy that you have amazing good taste. (or maybe it just affects me that way...)

I found this fun "Box of Questions" game on the Deseret Book website a few weeks ago when I was looking for Easter stuff - and I figgered "Why not?" It's so cute! I think I pretty much bought it for the adorable packaging...who cares what's inside?! (SEE, ladies - it's all in how you package something! It could be totally ugly and worthless but if the packaging is cute - that's what is really important. Never forget that.)

My family and I have had the most fun with this and I'm sure you could create something similar on your own if you're cheap like that - but why not splurge and get something cute in the mail?! (they should totally send me a free one now with that amazing plug...maybe I should tell them...) Anyway - what a fun gift for a friend when you take them dinner or something - because you should do that every now and then if you're a good friend. I'm not a very good friend - but if I were, I would do this. Instead I'm keeping this little treat for myself. Besides, I love watching my kids' eyes light up with the fun questions in here - they really come alive with some creative answers!

10 comments:

Kristi said...

I bought a very similar item a couple of years ago. When my husband and daughter won't engage in conversation with me over dinner, I threaten to go "get the box". They hate talking at dinner time and I hate watching them shovel it in like I haven't fed them in a week. But threatening "the box" usually works at least for a little bit.

Terri said...

How fun - thanks for posting about it!

Anonymous said...

what fun! i've never seen anything like this before, great idea someone had...

Shawna said...

I love your comment about packaging! My husband's a packaging designer and he would be thrilled to know that all his hard work pays off :).

Lynaya said...

That looks like a lot of fun. It would make a really cute table center piece. Thank you Abby

Tami (Pixeltrash) said...

Really cute! I buy for the packaging too. Totally.

Our Complete Family said...

Hi Abby!
Man oh man those are the cutest things ever! I have seen various kinds in magazines and have always marked the pages as something I want but have never sat down to purchase them. Now I can b/c you made it easy with a link girl! Thanks!
Hope your little man is feeling better. Ouch that had to hurt breaking his arm and surgery? How are you doing with that? I bet it's hard at bath time, etc...
And the pie recipe below? Yummy!
Happy belated Easter time! Les

Michelle said...

I think I will have to go see if they have that at the real live Deseret Book. It looks like fun, and you were right about the packaging!

It' an Evolution said...

thats awesome...I will have to pick one up for myself and the kids :)
Janet

glenna said...

I going to check it out. Glad I found your blog