4/22/09

Flower Clips - May Enrichment

F.Y.I. - I've posted the flower clippy tute for those of you who are TOTALLY RAD and can't wait to make one. May your blossoms be bloomy.

Okay, so I'm in charge of Home, Family and Personal Enrichment for our ward and I'm always on the hunt for fun things to do with my ladies. For those of you who like to see what others are up to, or if you're in the same boat as I am, I'll share the scoop for our May activity.

To begin with, I wanted a specific theme called "Flourish, Flower, and Bear Good Fruit" based on this talk. We've got some gardening experts whom I'm going to tap into so they can share their pearls of knowledge with those of us (prob'ly just me) who are gardenally-challenged. Then, I'm going to have someone present some garden fresh recipes with samples for us to get some new, summery recipe ideas. (It's always the simplest thing that someone will come up with that will make my brain spark!) For our activity portion we're making these gorgeous flower adornments, and then we're having dirt cake for dessert! How fun is that?! I'm excited because, like I've said maybe a million times, I'M SICK OF WINTER AND GRAYNESS! Horray for May!

9 comments:

Karli said...

Not sure if this is the type of thing you had in mind, but they are easy, quick, and you can embellish them with flowers and other things so they are super springy!!! Here is a link:

http://annakarli.blogspot.com/2009/02/corner-bookmark-tutorial.html

-Karli

Karli said...

Sorry that link didn't work as a link! I guess you'll just have to type it in or copy and past it into your address bar!

Ooops!

-Karli

Tami (Pixeltrash) said...

This sounds like so much fun. You know, Martha has an awesome garden cake on her site. It would take some time to make (maybe you don't have enough time), but it would be so cute and with your theme!

I've made it and it is pretty fussy, but you are talented so I bet you could do it.

Here's the url:
http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/spring-garden-cake?autonomy_kw=garden%20cake&rsc=header_5

Tami

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Such a cute idea! I love your theme!

Montserrat said...

Um, can you come be our Enrichment leader? Seriously. Our enrichment meetings have been very lame for the last year and a half. Every month they make blocks that spell out something and that's it! Now, how to nicely suggest our leader look at this post without making her feel bad. . . .

Patti said...

How do I get to be in your ward? Or get you to be in my ward?

Corinne Baird said...

Those flower clips are beautiful - and they fit you so well - bright and sunny Abby. You inspire me. I need to get on here more often. What an artist (and fun writer).

Sawyers Family said...

okay, so I don't know if you get these comments sent to your inbox or not, but I thought I would try. Where did you buy the flowers for your flower brooch? I have looked at several places and can't find any that look good. What do you suggest?

Abby said...

Hey Sawyers Babe! All comments DO make it into my inbox, so I get to see everything! I got everything at Jo-Ann's. They happened to have these gorgeous, full flowers and I pounced on them. Good luck!