4/14/09

Easter Treat - Key Lime Pie



So this is my latest craze - key lime pie. It is my quest, while trying to lose weight, to find the most amazing key lime pie recipe. And in order for me to do this, I need a good juicer if I'm going to ever try this again! These limey thingies are tiny!!! I needed chipmunk hands to juice these! All I needed was a cup of juice for crying out loud....ONE HOUR LATER and about a million key lime halves, I had my cup.

For Easter Sunday dinner I made this pie by Emeril and I wasn't crazy about it. I had to choose between Emeril or Paula and I KNOW, I KNOW - Paula is always no-fail but I didn't have all of her ingredients and I did have Emeril's. So up next is Paula's version. The hunt is on...pass your recipe on to me if it's fab. If it's not completely and amazingly fab, then maybe you should think about upgrading? I mean...really...life's too short...

8 comments:

Joanna said...

I love Key Lime Pie. I have never made it myself..But we have a local restaurant called The Boat Yard....They put Key Lime Pie on a stick, freeze it and dip it into dark chocolate! Oh my, yummy! I haven't had one in years!

mandbrid said...

I don't love key lime pie but I do LOVE Costco's key lime cheesecake...the key lime topping gives the sweet cheesecake a fabuolus tangy ZIP....mmm, mmm, mmmm!

Georgia Girl said...

Oh yummy! This looks so delish...I want some now...ok gotta get the recipe.

Lindsey said...

I love the pic of the keylimes. Did you take this picture? I would love to paint it if you did! Can I ask for permission to paint your image?

Abby said...

haha! Lindsey - you can paint my fruit ONLY if you send me a picture of it! I'm a MAJOR art-lover so it would honor me if you would paint my limeys.

Tami (Pixeltrash) said...

Those darned key limes are tiny. I have given up on Emeril. Everything I ever tried by him never turned out very well. So... can't wait to see the next one.

Why are you making pie if you're dieting? Just wondering! LOL!

Hena Tayeb said...

yum.

Unknown said...

I just love your blog! So many incredible ideas!!! Keep it up... Just had to share my "SUPER EASY" Key Lime Pie recipe:
1 can sweetened condensed milk
4 egg yolks
6 tbsp key lime juice
1 graham cracker crust

combine milk and egg yolks until well mixed. Slowly add lime juice until well blended. (You can add a bit of green food color if you want at this point too.) Pour into crust and bake at 250 for 20 minutes. Let it cool, and top it with whipped cream.

We just had this yesterday, and it is a never fail one. Hope you like it!