5/19/08

Cooking 101 - Sheet Pan Rice Krispies


Alright - I know what you're thinking and I realize that everyone knows how to make Rice Krispy Treats. HOWEVER!!! I can't count how many times I've had to look up the darn recipe only to discover that I can't find it. (by the way, I learned later that the recipe is on the INSIDE of the Rice Krispies box! hahaha! I'll bet you already knew that, though.) I may be laughing on the outside, but I'm crying on the inside...

So here is an EASY recipe that I'm sure isn't an original - but easy nonetheless. I like my version because this recipe takes up a whole sheet pan instead of a regular cake pan. My motto: Why make a little when you can make a LOT?












EASY Sheet Pan Rice Krispies

1 stick butter
1 16 oz. bag mini marshmallows
1 19 oz. box Rice Krispies cereal

Spray jelly roll sheet pan with cooking spray - set aside.

Melt butter in large stockpot on medium heat. Add marshmallows; stir constantly until everything is melted and creamy. Remove from heat.

Add all but 1 or 2 cups of the Rice Krispies. (or, if you must measure, add 12 c. of Krispies) Mix everything together until the Krispies are evenly coated. Dump onto sheet pan. Spray hands with cooking spray - mash the mixture down and spread it evenly on the pan to cool.

For fun, you can use cookie cutters to cut the Rice Krispy Treats into cool shapes - and don't forget to dip 'em in chocolate!!!

12 comments:

Yarni Gras! said...

that does look easier.....guess I need to get some 'stuff' to make these this weekend....yum

Michelle said...

Great idea, because the half a bag of marshmellows just sits around our house. Might as well make 'em all up!

Jocelyn said...

I love Rice Krispies Treats so much, my wedding cake was made out of them! I never thought to do a cookie sheet -- what a great idea!

Carnies said...

Hey, I'll send you a NZ version of a similar treat... :)

FeatherBunkle said...

I LOOOOOVE rice krispie treats--my 4yo calls them "Nice Krispies" and I couldn't agree more. I like to add a tsp of vanilla to the melted marshmallows but my girls prefer when I sub some fruity pebbles for a couple cups of krispies. :)

Tif Sweeney said...

What a great idea!!! I will not divulge that I can eat these things by the pan in one sitting -- oops!! I just did!! My favorite thing to add to them . . . peanut butter chips!!! They are sooooooo yummy! Now I better try them on a sheet pan!!

Heather S. said...

I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who can never seem to remember the recipe. I don't like doing just a cake pan full, I always try to do it in a jellyroll pan and it never works, this one will though. Thanks for sharing.

Jana Nielson said...

Great!! Now I'm in even Bigger (and I mean waist size) trouble!! I can already eat a cake pan of these by myself......I can feel my thighs getting fatter already!

Tammy "SweetT" said...

YUM! I haven't made these in years but will have to add the stuff to my shopping list to make this weekend.
Thanks!

The Dinner Belle said...

I recently discovered that Rice Crispie Treats freeze very well. I just stick my whole sheet pan in the freezer (well wrapped in plastic wrap and then foil) until I need them. Works like a charm!

Morgan | Mrs. Priss said...

Oooh, Lord. those look SO good!

Loving your blog!

Unknown said...

I love that you do these in a sheet pan. I always hate having marshmallows and rice krispies left over-because the marshmallows always start to stick together...