11/12/09

Blog Swap with Stephanie!!




I am SO excited to be taking over Abby's blog today! Her blog was one that inspired me to start a blog of my own! Isn't her creativity fantastic?!









My name is Stephanie, and on most days you will find me over at Somewhat Simple. I am a wife to my very best friend and mom to my 3 favorite kids in the world! I come to you all the way from sunny Arizona- and yes, it is still very sunny... even in November!My family moved to Phoenix 4 years ago from California and we love living here!

I thought I would share a really cute and very simple project I made for my home a few weeks ago that has been a lot of fun so far. We call it "The Celebration Chalkboard"- its our family's place to write any reason at all to celebrate for the day- it just makes me smile looking at some of the reasons my kids come up with!





(This was MY reason to celebrate last week- our whole family seen by the dentist and not a single cavity in anybody's teeth- even after Halloween! Its a miracle!)





Here's how to make your own:


(just click on the pictures if you need to enlarge them)








































Some of our reasons to celebrate have been:


-Ethan lost his tooth!


- Everyone did their chores!


- We're going to the Hockey Game for FHE!


- It's Friday!


- Uncle Ron is now a missionary!





... just to name a few!





Seriously, my kids try to come up with something new EVERY DAY!


So make your own "Celebration Board" and you'll always find some reason to be happy, no matter how silly the reason is!





I invite you all to check out what else is going on over at Somewhat Simple- more crafts, yummy recipes, monthly challenges and giveaways. In fact, I am getting ready for a huge giveaway coming very soon, check it out here:





giveaways





Thanks again Abby for blog-swapping with me today! You're the best!


Have a great weekend everyone!

5 comments:

Abby said...

Stephanie - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this idea!!! Thanks for inviting me to swap with you!!!

Valerie said...

This is such a fabulous idea! I am definately going to make one of these for my family. I am filing this away at thecraftersfilebox.blogspot.com.

Thanks so much to you BOTH for sharing!! :)

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

What a fun project! No cavities would call for a celebration. Thanks so much to both of you for the fun project, I'll be linking.

Tiffany said...

I love this idea! What a fun way to remember to celebrate everyday! I am going to have to make one!

ReminisceHeirlooms said...

Abby that fabric is so cute! I just love reading your blog. Happy thanksgiving!