4/22/08

Desperate but GOOD!


If I could marry a food group, it would be Nutella. No Brainer. And...I know what you're thinking...and Nutella IS it's own food group - all by itself at the very top.

So I was out of chocolate of any kind the other day and I was DESPERATE for something. (pretty sure it's hormone related.) After the screaming and the rampage, I went into my natural "survival mode" when this happens and started scavenging.

AHA! Nutella - my friend. But WHAT to put it on?! Leftover pancakes - perfect. Warm one up and voila. I was in Nutella heaven. You guys HAVE to try this sometime.

(plus, the pancakes were the homemade kind with whole wheat, oats, and such in them! So does that cancel out the calories?)

10 comments:

The Busy Blaine's said...

Spread some on cinnamon raisin bread and add some fresh strawberries put another peice of bread on top and toast it. YUMMOOOO!

Michelle said...

I agree completely! Definitely its own food group, and I think it would for sure cancel out the nutella to put them on whole wheat and oats!

Chanda said...

Sounds like health food to me!

Kristine said...

Since "Nutella" doesn't even have the word chocolate in it, that shouldn't count as a sweet. Yummy, I'm getting hungry

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

I actually put it on some leftover (from lasagna) low fat ricotta cheese the other day. I know it sounds gross but it was actually really yummy. I am not a big chocolate person but every now and then I crave a little something and this totally does the trick for me.

Heather said...

My mom likes to melt it and drizzle it over brownies...not very healthy, I suppose, but she likes it!

selle said...

nutella on some fresh crepes! heavenly!

missliss5/Melissa said...

Absolutely, the fiber from the whole wheat makes part of the calories in the nutella evaporate...I'm pretty sure I heard that somewhere.

My friend/college roommate Betina is in LOVE with nutella and she just made crepes a couple weeks ago JUST to eat nutella on them, haha. If only those things would make themselves (the crepes). What a FABU way to dress up pancakes!

Kelli said...

Nutella is my favorite. I am stockpiling it for food storage (gotta store comfort food!)
I like to dip pretzels in it or sometimes I just dip my finger in it!

Yarni Gras! said...

too funny, I posted about Nutella this week too!