4/17/08

Cooking 101 - Easy Peach Cobbler

Peaches are quite possibly the world's most perfect fruit! (in my opinion.) I CRAVE peaches!

This is probably the EASIEST dessert to make ever! I made this for the baby shower a couple of days ago and talk about a stress relief! Dessert was fixed up in 5 minutes and all I had to do was bake it!

Here's what you'll need for a 9 x 13 pan: (my pan is a little larger than that, so cut this in half if you feel like it.)
2 29-oz. cans sliced, unsweetened peaches
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
2 Yellow cake mixes
2 sticks butter
1 1/2 c. water

1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees

2.) Bring water and butter to a boil

3.) Dump one can of peaches in your pan; strain the juice from other can of peaches and dump the peaches in the pan.

4.) Sprinkle cinnamon all over the peaches; sprinkle just a little bit of nutmeg over the peaches. (a little nutmeg goes a LONG way!)

5.) Sprinkle cake mix over the top of the peaches evenly.

6.) Gently ladle the melted butter and water mixture over the cake mix, making sure it's distributed evenly. DO NOT STIR ANYTHING.

7.) Bake for 45 minutes.

Serve with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream!

11 comments:

Lynaya said...

YUM! I love peach cobbler. Thanks for the recipe. I have been wanting something yummy and easy to eat.

Zarsky Family said...

Yum! That looks like a great dessert for this Sunday! :)

Chanda said...

I think peach COBBLER is the world's most perfect fruit. ;)

Jessica said...

Can't wait to try this! I am drooling already!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

That looks so yummy! I love berry cobblers and crumbles. Although my favorite is a combo of peaches and blackberries together. Mmmmm goodness!

queen of everything said...

this looks awesome. i cook dinner for my church on wed. nights, and this would be a perfect dessert

mylittlegems said...

We make this all the time and love it. I add a little brown sugar on top and pats of butter instead of a mix of H20 and butter. Love your blog!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Mmmm, my mom used to make this all the time and call it dump cake. :)

It's also YUMMY if you use only one can of peaches, and one can of cherry pie filling for the fruity base.

DeGooyer Family said...

If you ever drive through Palisade, Colorado in August, you have to stop and get some peaches. They are THE BEST. It's actually the peach capital of the West!

Jocelyn said...

So, I'd have to say strawberries are my favorite, but fresh peaches and home canned peaches do come in a close second. This recipe looks really fun.

Tonya said...

Yummy! I am going to definitely try this recipe...never made a cobbler before. Thanks for sharing your easy recipe!