11/30/10

Baby Needs Bling!

...PUT DOWN THE GLUE GUN...

My home has been needing a wreath update for a long time.  I've looked and looked at different ideas and this year I'm drawn to the bright colors - kinda reminds me of an Elf Shop or something!  Anywee-Kadie had the same idea so we went supply shopping yesterday and NOW...may I present to you my latest creation...


This wreath is big, too - it takes up almost the whole width of my door!  My glue gun is smokin'!!!  This worked up really fast, though, and can I just say how much I love glue guns?! I DO think my happy wreathy needs some spray glitter bling, though.  Baby needs BLING!  It needs to sparkle more {because Christmas is sparkly!} and I'm just not getting enough sparkle vibe.  Until then, though, it's going to hang pretty on my door and blast anyone who comes over with a bright, cheery, Christmas welcome!  {It's even got jingle bells!!! gaspity gasp!} 




You start with a bunch of random junk and just start gluing away.  Start with the biggest ornaments, arrange them symmetrically, and fill in the gaps.  You can do it under an hour!  My wreath & most ornaments came from Hobby Lobby and the other ornaments came from a multi-pack at Sam's Club.





21 comments:

Nichole said...

LOVE it! I'm into the brighter, more fun colors this year too.

Cora Anne Designs said...

I LOVE it! And that's amazing that you could just whip something like that up!

Carrie Rogers said...

I LOVE this wreath!! I'm going to have to check into adding this to my list of things to try sometime!

DeGooyer Family said...

Gorgeous!!

SewSara said...

oh i love it! i really want to make something like that. thanks for sharing! i love how you just went for it with all those fun bright colors. can i copy you? :)

Renate said...

A beautiful wreath. Giant-compliment. Best regards from the vers snowed Germany, Renate

The Peterson Family said...

Oh, I love, love, LOVE it!! If only I had a second or two to craft before Christmas- maybe I'll find the time. Now if there were only dollar stores in Hawaii....

steffany said...

Fan-Ta-Bu-Lous! I love it.

Abby said...

Thanks, cute ladies! And copy away, Sara! Seriously, though, you can crank out one of these in under an hour because glue guns are amazing!

Thimbleanna said...

Wow! That's GORGEOUS!!!

Angie said...

It's delightful, Abby!!! :D
Happy Christmas to you.

chris said...

Love it, Abby. It is sparkly, colorful, and happy. Enjoy your Christmas with your family. We have a snow day...so that means decorating the tree, yippee!

Tiffany said...

So pretty! I am determined to make our wreath this year, I have seen so many beautiful ones in blogland and now I'm stuck as to what direction I want mine to take...

Tami said...

Beautiful!

Heather H said...

I LOVE it!! I really need to get over my fear of glue guns so I can find my crafty side. ;)

cricksbloom said...

Love it! I am drawn to those colors too. Thanks for sharing!

Missy said...

I have been dying to make my ornament wreath with my bag of goodies and this is pure Christmas Cheer torture! So Fantastic. :)

Amber H. said...

love it friend! You wanna make me one too? I have no supplies, and don't have the heart or time to try and find things online to buy. Curses living in this small town! Ha ha. But seriously, I would pay you to do one for me. Love all the fun colors. Ü

Yarni Gras! said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

That is the Bestest and Most Fabulous Wreath I've seen this year! I am SO hooked on the extra happy colors too! Congrats on a job well done!! :)

Kids! said...

love it!! you could've ditched the pearls since they barely show on the finished product.