1/16/12

Cooking 101 - Apple Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze

aaaaaaand....another huge hit from Pinterest!

I found another incredibly amazing foodie blog--"Lulu the Baker"--and that is where I first laid eyes on her Fresh Apple Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze.  {Lulu, I love you!}
We had this after our Sunday dinner and it was everything I could have ever imagined it would be.

I followed the original recipe {weird, I know} and I added 2 tsp. cinnamon and 1/4 t. nutmeg.  She suggested to add some. It's an option.  I like options.

Dense, rich, chunky, buttery.  
{your mouth is watering, isn't it?!}  


Talk about winter comfort food.  WOWSA!  The best part is that you can use applesauce instead of oil---especially because it's an apple cake!  

This is definitely going to be in our small list of dessert favorites.

3 comments:

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Sounds delicious! Thanks!

Michele said...

Looks easy and delicious. Decadent, too!

Lulu the Baker said...

Haha, I love you too! Thanks for visiting my blog!