2/3/10

Fabric

Hey Girls! Here's some fabric info for those of you who were asking.

This batch of heaven came from Z & S Fabrics during one of their sales. If you sign up to receive emails, you'll know when they're marking things down. I got all of mine for 20% off! Scroll over to "Fabric by Manufacturer" and click "Free Spirit" - from there all of these can be found.

#1 on top: "Nicey Jane" in cream by Heather Bailey, Free Spirit

#2: (can't see this one very well but it's beautiful with orange poppies all over) "Dolce" in orange by Tanya Whelan, Free Spirit

#3: (the green one) "Nicey Jane" in green by Heather Bailey, Free Spirit

#4: (yellow) "Dance With Me" by Jennifer Paganelli, Free Spirit

#5: (turquoise) "Flower Power" by Jennifer Paganelli, Free Spirit

The cute bumpy, dotted fabric from my baby blankets came from Jo-Ann's. (there were some asking about that fabric, too)

More great fabric places:
JCaroline Fabrics - I usually get most of my stuff from here.


**Also, may I add that sewing PETRIFIES me, scares me to death, and makes me crazy. {cringe} Thanks for the nice comments, though. You're all way too kind! Honestly, though, I stick to easy projects. The things I sew are very basic because I have the hardest time following those darn pattern instructions. The only way I was able to tackle that dress is from lots and lots of practice, tears, ruined projects, and high blood pressure. haha!

Like I always say, if I can do it, anybody can! {if you really knew me, you would understand how right I am. Kadie, tell them what an idiot I am!} And if you're nervous or unsure, find a friend who can help you out - it's amazing how many people would be willing to help you if you ask.

12 comments:

Poulsen Family said...

Love those fabrics and that dress is so cute! I have to give a plug for my Mom, she also has an online etsy shop that sells a lot of that gorgeous fabric at great prices...http://www.etsy.com/shop/myneedleandthread for those who are looking.

Unknown said...

Very lovely blog. I LOVE fabric. I am LDS too. Love the links.
XOXO Frenchy.
Come say Hi.
www.lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com

Julie Harward said...

I'M LIKE YOU, I HAVE TAUGHT MYSELF TO SEW BUT IT'S GOT TO BE EASY. I MAKE UP A LOT OUT OF MY HEAD TOO, BUT IT WORKS! COME SAY HI :D !!!

Andrea said...

All of your little goodies are just lovely!

Stacy of KSW said...

Thanks Abby, you may have finally given me the confidence I needed to put my perfectionist nature aside and JUST START SEWING!!! I have a gazillion projects I've been holding off on till my skills are honed .... problem is .... they'll never get honed if I don't try.

Thanks, I'll let you know how it goes :)

Megan {ShabbyBlogs} said...

What an awesome blog! Seriously, how have I not been here before??? Love it!

angee said...

I love your blog!!! I gave you an award:

http://dressesandmesses.wordpress.com/2010/02/10/an-award/

You are a "Beautiful Blogger!"

Unknown said...

Love your blog! I have 40 yards of Nicey Jane on order and can't wait to get my hands on it - SO beautiful!!

Love the booties you made in your other post!

Lindsay

Elyse said...

this post seems like it was written for me: the fabric loving pattern phobic blogger!

GASPing over these fabrics.

xo
elyse

Momma Roar said...

Do you live in PA? I was surprised when I clicked to the Z&S site and I knew where it was! LOL!!

Congrats on little Brooke! She's sweet!! :)

Anonymous said...

Z+S fabrics is actually a brick and mortar store called Sauder's, which is near my home in Lancaster County, PA (2nd largest Amish area in the US). I LOVE this store! I have purchased some amazing, perfectly priced fabrics for quilting from this store.

Congrats on your baby girl--she is beautiful! xxoo

prashant said...

Very lovely blog.
data entry india