2/2/10

Baby Love!








"I'm in LOVE, I'm in LOVE, and I don't care who knows it!"--Buddy the Elf

I've been busy lately, to say the least. I found this vintage pattern at J0Ann's and the white cotton dress with embroidery caught my attention. I want to do an embroidered dress like that to match my cute booties! {aaak!} I'm dying from the cuteness!

So I bought the pattern, came home, and started my 'practice' dress and now that I have it figured out, I can make the white one without swearing up a storm. Sewing patterns are NOT fun for me and I have to go really slow...but CHECK IT OUT! I'm so in love with this little dress.

(the fabric is Sandi Henderson's Farmer's Market...love it...yumm)














































I've been making other stuff, too. Baby bibs, simple blankies, and even a little baby bling! I got the bib pattern from "Made by Petchy" and I tweaked it a little bit because I didn't like the perfectly round shape of it - and I love them! Now my child will have something pretty to barf all over!

Wellll, I think I've got enough crap for this baby!!! Maybe not. You can never have too many cute things, right?!

Until the big day, I'll stay busy and LOOK at what came in the mail!!! (last picture below) MORE yummy fabric!!! I screamed out loud when it came! I'm such a nerd!!! What else shall I make?!!!


22 comments:

TLF said...

Precious!
Love it all!

Cheryl @ a pretty cool life. said...

How darling.

Julie Harward said...

BEAUTIFUL FABRICS AND SUCH CUTE PROJECTS! I DON'T KNOW WHEN YOU'RE DUE BUT GOD BLESS YOU THAT ALL WILL BE WELL. COME SAY HI :D

Bobi Jensen said...

How fun!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! And I'm jealous, with two boys, no pink for me! I think some ruffle-behind onesies, or some appliqued onesies, are in order. Perhaps a pillowcase dress too. Girl clothes are so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! And I'm jealous, with two boys, no pink for me! I think some ruffle-behind onesies, or some appliqued onesies, are in order. Perhaps a pillowcase dress too. Girl clothes are so much fun!

Gigi's Thimble said...

Ooh, lots of cute stuff! Love everything you made. The dress is adorable, the bibs, blankies and bracelets are all beautifuil! Love those fabrics too! You're little one is going to be one decked out baby!

Brianne said...

Too much cute stuff! can I ask you who made the blue floral fabric in the last picture, I've been looking for something very similar?

Michelle said...

So darling! Your little sweetie is going to be decked out in cuteness! I had to try the bootie pattern after your darling creation. I made boy ones. Here:
http://ginghamworld.blogspot.com/2010/01/cute-little-booties.html
And have girl ones that I admit I tried desperately to copy from yours. They post tomorrow, my cousin loved them! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Scented Sweetpeas said...

all those things are oh so gorgeous and what lovely material you have used. I NEED a dress like that for my little girl - really must go and get myself some sewing classes!

life in red shoes said...

You make the best stuff, and I can't even begin to thank you for sharing it here!
But do tell, where do you buy your fabric?

Sew Can Do said...

Very cute combo of pattern & fabric. I may have to pick that up to make a cute spring dress for my baby girl.

missliss5/Melissa said...

Holy smokes, girl. I just LOVE it all!!

Kadie said...

Ummm, can we be friends?! Here is to hoping that I am having a girl! Wouldn't it be the best "friend" thing to do if you made me some of these? He he he! Just a thought.

Heather Feather said...

I LOVE these dresses. Its the perfect fabric for the perfect pattern. Great job!

Annalea said...

I would have squealed at that fabric, too. It's awesome!

Jon and Christine Knecht said...

you are crazy! but all the stuff you make is SOOO CUTEE!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the dress! I told Sandi she should come check out your blog here :) I love nice fabrics too so thanks for the linkie for the fabric shop!

J.R. and Tammy said...

make all you can now baby! my new little one is almost 3 months and i haven't finished 1 thing since she was born!

Julia Ryan said...

Congratulations on your sweet little girl! And good for you for picking a name that you LOVE and not what other people love. I'm expecting a little girl this summer and have been amazed with how many people will tell you they don't like a name!

I also LOVE LOVE the vintage pattern you posted. I might have to go find that one as well!

Natalie said...

OK that dress is gorgeous and I want to make it now!! I hate Simplicity patterns but I am off to google this one.

Anonymous said...

cute! Its almost quite like the first dress I made for my daughter this year! I am going to post it on my blog as well!! Thanks for sharing.

Amy said...

I love that pattern! I work part time at JoAnn and was so excited to see the vintage reproduction patterns the pattern companies are doing now!!!