3/19/08

Summertime Swap - April 28th


What better way to kick off summer than with a NEW apron?!

We had so much fun with the last swap and I still have emails coming in with ladies who want to join in our next swap, so get ready for another one!

Tell all of your friends - the more the better!!!


The dates:
April 28th-May 5th, Sign up
June 9th Mail Deadline

SO HERE'S HOW IT WILL WORK:

1.) Starting April 28th - May 5th, send me an email abbywelker(at)yahoo(dot)com with:

Name
Address (very IMPORTANT)
Blog Address (if you have one)
Please specify if there is a color you can't live with
Please specify if you're willing to ship internationally

Your name does me no good if I don't have your address!
Also-check your Bulk or Junk folders in case you don't get a reply from me. You might have to add my email address to your address book so your program won't delete my emails to you.

SWAP WILL BE CLOSED ON MAY 5TH

2.) Apron must be HAND MADE and have:
Summer Theme
At least 1 pocket
Include a fun story or information about yourself and anything else you want like a recipe, cookbook, etc.

3.) BE CREATIVE! The rest is up to you - use your imagination!

4.) Aprons MUST be in the mail no later than June 9th. That gives everybody 4 weeks to sew.



FAQ's:


When will I know who my swap buddy is?
It's going to take a week for all of the names to roll in, and then another day or two for me to compile them into a swap list.

HELP! I don't know where to start! Where can I get some inspiration?
Go to my "Aprons" link section on this blog and you'll find several websites with all kinds of designs.

When can I start my apron?
Any time you want! Start today if you know you want to participate.

When can I mail my apron?
Any time after you get your swap buddy's name and address - NO LATER THAN JUNE 9TH.

Does my apron have to be fancy? Where can I find an easy pattern?
NO! Your apron should be whatever you'd like it to be. Here are some easy apron instructions and here are some easier instructions if you don't know what to do. You can also purchase patterns at a craft store or online shop.

What if I bail and decide not to make or send an apron?
That would be a huge bummer for the person waiting for your apron. Don't commit to the swap if you don't think you'll actually do it! If you have to, go to an online boutique (some are listed on this site) and buy one if you get overwhelmed.

And...I've got friends in low places. Don't make me come after you! (just kidding - but seriously, folks.)

Will I know the person who I am swapping with?
No - I hope not. I randomly swap names and I pay attention to people who might live in the same area. The idea is to send and receive something from someone you don't know.

33 comments:

alliehoopes said...

WAhooooo!!!!

Us Lochers said...

I am going to start mine early this time, instead of getting overwhelmed at the due date.

Kristine said...

Abby, I found someone that will do this with me that has a sewing machine so I'm in. I'll email ya soon with the info. How fun, I'm doing something 'motherly'.

Anonymous said...

Ooo eeee! I'm in! I'm in!

Giabella Designs said...

Count me in!

Abby said...

AWESOME!!! I'm so glad so many of you are jumping on board!

Don't forget to give me your addresses!!!

Kara said...

oooohhh...i SO wanna sign up for this!! marking in my day planner!!

Zarsky Family said...

I am so excited! The last one was so great! :)

LuckyRedHen said...

YAY for an apron swap!!!

Here's mine from the last swap...
http://www.luckyredhen.net/2008/03/apron-swap-my-creation.html

Here's the one I got from my swap buddy...
http://www.luckyredhen.net/2008/03/apron-swap.html

Erin Rupp Bowcutt said...

Oh my! I am so excited! First timer! Sounds like too much fun!!
Can't wait!

Tip Junkie said...

I announced it today on Tip Junkie! What a great swap idea.

Abigail said...

Is there some sort of mailing list I could get on to get notified of the next one of these? I'd love to participate this time, but I don't know where I'll be living in a month and a half! So I totally want to join in next time when we're settled at a base!

Abby said...

This is for AbbyDawn - just email me and I'll keep you in my apron swap file. However, even if you don't know where you'll be living, join us for the swap anyway because I can always tell your swap buddy where to send your apron in case you end up moving!

Lori Jolley said...

I saw your swap on Tip Junkie! I'd like to participate! What a fun idea!!!

Unknown said...

Oh this sounds FUN! I love aprons! I think I might just have to sign up for this!

Vanover Adventures said...

I don't actually sew aprons but i do paint on aprons...does that count????

ReminisceHeirlooms said...

OH this one will be so much fun! Count me in!!! :)

A ~ said...

I found a great new apron sight that you will absolutely love...well actually it's my sister's old roommates' at byu who started it...its called flirtyaprons.com! You'll LOVE them, they are adorable. Just thought I'd spread the joy!

Never A True Aggie said...

I'm new to the site, but would love to be in the NEXT one. My sewing machine foot was lost during our move! Ugh! Anyway, please have another one in the near future and I will be in. I already have some good ideas. Hey, you might be interested in some good websites I have found:
www.notmartha.org; jansdotter.com/blog; swissmiss.typepad.com/weblog; and www.pinkofperfection.com.

Abby said...

COOL! Thanks for the website links - I'll go check them out!!!

And...you've still got TONS of time if you want to join this swap. I'm taking entries from now until the beginning of May - and then you have the entire month of May to make your apron. Otherwise, I'm sure we'll have more swaps in the future but maybe not until the Holidays.

Thanks again! Have fun sewing, everyone!

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

whooooooowhoooooooo!!!.....I am soooooo excited!!!....ULTIMATE yummy-ness!! Thanks for hosting!!...I am in!! creative blessings, Debbie

sherry said...

I am looking forward to the swap!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Yay!! I can't wait!

Cathy... said...

This looks like so much fun. I'm definitely in!!!

Linnea said...

Sign me up too!
Linnea

FeatherBunkle said...

Ooooh, count me in! This will be my first swap; I'm so excited!

Yarni Gras! said...

I want to play too! 8-)

skatey katie said...

woot woot
it's my first swap too...
comin' atcha all the way from new zealand, where w*nter (can't bear to say the word) is fast-approaching.
i am *so* looking forward to having *summery* thoughts!!!
love and sunshine
katie X

embejo said...

I followed Katie here. This is going to be fun.

Deborah said...

Count me in. I've sent you an email with all my particulars.

BEELICIOUS said...

YaY! Almost missed out!
Count me in!!

Unknown said...

I am upset I found this blog to late, I love sewing and making aprons. But i will mark this blog for further swaps. Have fun everyone!

Resting Racers Ranch said...

I'm really disappointed that I missed out on this one...