7/26/11

ahhhh-Summer...

Loving summer.  Are you loving it?!  Are you loving the fact that we can run outside with bare feet, the skies are blue with fluffy, white clouds, and the only ice in sight is in my glass of water?!  It's blazing by far too quickly.  Part of me is excited to have this year fly by because we're moving home to AZ next summer, but part of me wants this summer to take it's sweet, slow time because I'm loving not being cold.  ??? !!!  Whatta conflict!


Yesterday we gathered the girls together to celebrate my dear, BFF Kadie's birthday.  We had a fun b-day brunch, complete with stuffed French toast, scrambled eggs & sausage, chocolate sauce, and homemade whipped cream.  It was pretty much heaven.  And a trick Kadie and I have been doing lately is tossing some fruit in ice water - this time lemon and strawberries - and it's SO good!!!  Forget mixed beverages - there are few things as refreshing and pure as ice water infused with lemons and strawberries.  

A perfect, quaint celebration for the perfect friend!  Love ya, Kadie!

---now back to the treadmill!!!

4 comments:

Lynaya said...

That fruit water looks and sounds delicious, I want some.

Unknown said...

You just throw some fruit in with the water? That's it? It sounds good, but seems too simple!

Kadie said...

BEST birthday brunch, EVER! Thanks for making me feel loved! (and letting me hang out ALL day!) You are the best! and I love ya right back!

Stephanie said...

i am loving this bouquet pic! I'm featuring it on my homepage. I just cant stop looking at it! It's linked back to you. ;) Happy Monday